Job Title: Financial Claims Advisor
Location: East London
Hours: Full Time (9am-5pm Monday-Friday or 8am-4pm / 10am – 6pm, with one weekend shift every quarter.
If you can make firm decisions on complex situations, based on solid reasoning, and can deliver these with empathy and compassion, then this is an excellent prospect for you!
Our client is hiring for Financial Claims Advisor due to their increased business requirements and constant flow of work. This is an amazing opportunity for anyone who wants to develop their complaint resolution skills to a very high standard, for those who thrive of making a tangible difference in peoples lives, and those who love interacting with different clients everyday.
Our client is dedicated to ensuring that any candidates who work for them know EXACTLY how to perform well in the role, and they do this through their very own training academy. All successful candidates will be given 4 full months of fully paid training before they start working on any real cases. They also provide constant support throughout your time working there; hosting regular ‘case clinics’ as an open forum for claims advisors to discuss the situations their clients face, the methods they use and to seek advice from your fellow colleagues.
Working as a Financial Claims Advisor, you will be resolving consumer claims for companies that the customer has had an issue with. It is extremely important that EVERY case is handled with professionalism, maturity and compassion, as the decisions you make when resolving a case can have an enormous personal & financial impact on the customer you’re dealing with; you’ll need to be resilient, determined and committed.
They have devised a thorough application process to ensure candidates are prepared for the level of effort and standard of work that is required to perform in this role. This is NOT an easy process, but as they say – nothing good ever comes easy! If you can commit the effort, learning and dedication to this role, you will be rewarded greatly with a fully supportive and flexible employer who is committed to your growth and development, a wide support network of colleagues, and not to mention a fantastic benefits package!
Your New Employer:
Our client was set up by Parliament in 2001 to sort out complaints between financial businesses and their customers. They can help with most financial services – including banking, insurance, PPI, loans, mortgages, pensions and investments. If something’s gone wrong, they have the power to put it right.
They currently employ 800 investigators, with up to 40 in each team, who regularly deal with generic claims from those who are unhappy with the service they receive from a financial services company.
Your New Job as a Financial Claims Advisor:
- Putting people at the heart of everything we do so that our customers’ needs come first
- Taking responsibility for delivering your objectives – and working with your team to contribute to meeting our wider commitments
- Listening to the full story to get to the heart of problems – asking the right questions to
- Uncover potentially hidden issues, and capturing details and insight accurately on our systems
- Taking responsibility for a wide range of enquiries and problems – whatever stage they’re at – and making sure you understand and evaluate the key information so you can reach fair outcomes
- Being proactive and organised – doing all you can to ensure problems are sorted out as quickly and efficiently as possible, so that there are no customers waiting
- Tailoring the way you engage with each customer – whether business or consumer – taking account of the individual circumstances in each case and the impact the problem is having on those involved
- Communicating effectively over the phone, in writing and on social media, in a clear,
- Balanced and thoughtful way – showing you understand the customer’s point of view whether you agree with them or not
- Showing an active interest in the world around you – identifying emerging issues and sharing relevant insight with your team and your manager
- Developing and sharing your knowledge across a range of different kinds of problems and situations
- Using the tools available to continuously develop your knowledge and ability to progress customers’ problems as far as you can yourself
- Listening to, and acting on, customer feedback to get things back on track and resolve any service complaints promptly and fairly.
- Identifying measurable improvements we can make for our customers and for our service
- Caring about the confidential and personal data you’ll be handling – and treating information like this with discretion and sensitivity.
- Delivering a fair and efficient service that reflects the diversity of our customers and our people.
What You’ll Need to Succeed as a Financial Claims Advisor:
Your experience will include:
- Helping customers with their problems – quickly, fairly and in a way that’s human and tailored to their individual needs
- Using your common sense and judgement – as an outstanding problem solver – to analyse and evaluate information, often involving situations that are unclear and sensitive
- Communicating in a straightforward and approachable way with people at all levels, showing that you understand their situation and how it affects them
- Building rapport and relationships by listening to, understanding and empathising with others - caring about the world around you, and the difference you make
- Influencing and negotiating – understanding different perspectives and reaching consensus where possible
- Prioritising your workload with pace and flexibility to meet targets – adapting as things change and taking ownership for moving things as far forward as quickly as possible
- Recognising when you don’t know the answer and when you need to approach others for help – and continuously updating your knowledge and skills, including seeking feedback to help your development
- Being approachable and collaborative, and working well as part of a team
- Being personally accountable for getting the detail right and being accurate – while still seeing the bigger picture, to get to the heart of what really matters
We are acting as an employment agency for this role. Unfortunately, we cannot respond to every candidate however, we may retain your CV for future vacancies. As this is a full-time opportunity, you will need to be eligible to work in the UK and have all necessary documents to demonstrate this, as well as qualifications appropriate to the role.
We’ll use your data to process your application, to allow us to assess your suitability for a role and improve our sites. We may share your data with third parties to achieve these purposes. We will not share your data for marketing purposes. We will keep your data safe in accordance with data protection legislation.
If you would like further information on how your data may be used please visit http://www.london-works.com/privacy-policy
If you are unhappy with the use of your data, you can change your mind at any time by emailing info-at-london-works.com